AGN's TF2 FAQ [Updated 25th July 2017]

For guides and FAQ strictly related to our TF2 server.
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin
Medals: 6
Referrer AGN's MC player AGN's TF2 player First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access
Has Liked: 172 posts
Liked for: 1195 posts

AGN's TF2 FAQ [Updated 25th July 2017]

Postby Doctor Azo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:31 am

Q: What is TF2?
Q: How do I join?
Q: What's a SteamID?
Q: Will my SteamID/profile be published on AGN in public?
Q: Do I need to download/install any mods?
Q: What does your TF2 server offer?
Q: How do I connect?
Q: Where is the server located?
Q: How many players can the server support at once?
Q: Why does the server have a password when it has a user white-list?
Q: Does the server auto-update?
Q: Can I broadcast a match and post screenshots or videos?

Q: What is TF2?

A: Team Fortress 2 is a free and popular First Person Shooter made by Valve. It boasts a unique and comic style, ease of use and still gets updated and new contents added despite being several years old. The main focus of the game is two teams (named "RED" and "BLU") fight each other in ways dependant of the map/game type. Game types range from simple "King of the Hill" to "Payload" where BLU must push a cart to the last check point in time and RED must stop them. While it helps killing opponents and supporting team mates, the key to winning is dependant on the game mode goal(s).

Q: How do I join?

A: You need to have an account here and be white-listed for the TF2 server. You'll also need to enter the current password to connect, which will be shared when you're whitelisted. To be white-listed, I'll need your SteamID.

You may PM it to an admin or post it in the following thread: http://acegamersnetwork.com/forums/view ... f=37&t=376

Q: What's a SteamID?

A: A unique ID for Steam accounts, with the format STEAM_0:X:XXXXXX where the X's are numbers (eg. STEAM_0:1:234567). To get your Steam ID, you can use websites like http://steamidfinder.com/ or give me a link to your Steam profile. If you're already a member of AGN's official Steam group, you may not need to do this.

Q: Will my SteamID/profile be published on AGN in public?

A: No, instead AGN will lookup the score data, then translate the SteamID's to your AGN username. We won't publish a link to your Steam profile either without your permission.

Q: Do I need to download/install any mods?

A: No. All plugins will be server-sided only.

Q: What does your TF2 server offer?

A: Currently it's mostly just a "vanilla" version, offering all official maps and game modes except MvM. Halloween maps will be available around Halloween for at least as long as the holiday mode is officially on (usually about 2 weeks). The maps are picked at random by default except the arena and odd maps, although these can still be loaded by an admin. We have a scoreboard system, which keeps track of things like playtime, kills and captures as well as a white-list to keep "drive-by" trolls, cheaters, scammers and spammers out.

Q: How do I connect?

A: After you've been white-listed, you should be able to connect with the given password. There are two ways you should add our server to your favourites. 1: Right-click on the Steam icon, select "Servers", click the "Favorites" tab, click "Add a server", enter "tf2.acegamersnetwork.com" then click "Add this address to favorites". 2: Start TF2, click "Servers", click the "Favorites" tab, click "Add a server", enter "tf2.acegamersnetwork.com" then click "Add this address to favorites". If the server is offline or unreachable, you'll see the IP address listed instead or something like "No games responded to the query".

Remember to only use tf2.acegamersnetwork.com, not AGN's or other game server addresses as it could point to the wrong IP address in the future. Do not use the IPA either as this may also change.

Q: Where is the server located?

A: The server is hosted in New Jersey, USA.

Q: How many players can the server support at once?

A: 24 per server, as intended by the game. This can be increased slightly if desired.

Q: Why does the server have a password when it has a user white-list?

A: To reassert others this is a private server and minimize unnecessary alerts in the game (which are distracting) and log entries. The white-list is crucial for protecting the server against unauthorised access and prevent the problem with leaked passwords. This helps to keep the server cheater, troll, spammer, etc free.

Q: Does the server auto-update?

A: Due to the usage of SourceMOD and the fact auto-update can interfere with matches, no. Updating the server is manually called so when Valve release an update, you may need to wait. If you wish to ensure you can get on our server, disable your auto-update for TF2.

Q: Can I broadcast a match and post screenshots or videos?

A: Yes. However if streaming it live, ensure there is a sufficient delay (especially if you're a spectator) to avoid causing an unfair disadvantage to anyone. It's recommended to set it at least 30 seconds.
Community Rules | Newcomer FAQ | Our MC server FAQ | Our TF2 server FAQ
Need help with AGN? Check out the Tech forum.
Drop in suggestions or complaints in Suggestions forum.
Is it a private matter? PM me!
AGN's Twitter: @AceGamersNetwrk

"Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein

Return to “TF2 Server Info”