Early testing?

Use this forum for discussions on the upcoming Instant Messenger and game application.
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin
Medals: 6
Referrer AGN's MC player AGN's TF2 player First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access
Has Liked: 171 posts
Liked for: 1182 posts

Early testing?

Postby Doctor Azo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:28 am

The basics of AGNIM is coming on quite nicely and will have a functioning IM feature soon. However I haven't even begun on the games yet and I want real testing sooner rather than later. I also think it would be best for earlier testing to ensure things work as desired and to get a better idea of what users want. This might help prevent me spending so much time on something that's not going to be used much or require a major make-over.

The downside of this really is just those testing will experience a very unimpressive product, which might lead to some giving up on AGNIM sooner. Feedback is important for the development, but testing can complicate things and prolong it's readiness.

Overall this might be a good idea, as it's more important in the long term to get the most-needed features in first and stop wasting time and effort on things which is already wrong.
Community Rules | Newcomer FAQ | Our MC server FAQ | Our TF2 server FAQ
Need help with AGN? Check out the Tech forum.
Drop in suggestions or complaints in Suggestions forum.
Is it a private matter? PM me!
AGN's Twitter: @AceGamersNetwrk

"Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein
clairne
Intermediate
Intermediate
Medals: 3
First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access
Has Liked: 850 posts
Liked for: 733 posts

Re: Early testing?

Postby clairne » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:14 pm

If you upload AGNIM and tell what to test(click on this button and see if it does what it should do) or tell you how do we like the interface, then I will gladly do that. However, I have to do things for school, so my ability to test may not be as high as you require.
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin
Referrer AGN's MC player AGN's TF2 player First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access

Postby Doctor Azo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:15 am

Members will be encouraged to test it as thoroughly as they like. The main purpose for early testing is to see what needs to be changed or removed before I waste any more time on it, however finding bugs and such would be a bonus too.

AGNIM might be ready for early testing within the new few months, possibly weeks. Most likely there would be no games included at first, but after ET they (and other things) will gradually be added, with things that just won't work being stopped sooner rather than later.

dykath
Jr. Community Manager
Jr. Community Manager
Medals: 7
Referrer AGN's MC player Nothing personal boss! AGN's TF2 player Kiloposter HoW access
Bug finder
Has Liked: 208 posts
Liked for: 649 posts

Postby dykath » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 pm

I am up for what ever kind of testing that is needed for this and you have no need to worry about this
Doctor Azo wrote:The downside of this really is just those testing will experience a very unimpressive product, which might lead to some giving up on AGNIM sooner. Feedback is important for the development, but testing can complicate things and prolong it's readiness.

I am so very looking forward to AGNIM. and I would love to help out any way I can.
I am who I am I don't need nor want a label I simply am who I am and your approval is not needed nor wanted I am me and me is pretty awesome.
the state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind
If you never look up you will never see the sky, It may be raining but there is a rainbow above you
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin

Postby Doctor Azo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:44 pm

First thing's first: AGN forum update and iron it out. Then resume AGNIM work until I can determine when for early testing and set out a plan.

Return to “Development and Feature Requests”