View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:11 am

Online Users

In total there are 3 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest

Most users ever online was 84 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Registered users: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Current features/plans 
Head Admin
Head Admin

Has Liked: 179 posts
Liked for: 1234 posts
Medals: 6
Referrer (1) AGN's MC player (1) AGN's TF2 player (1) First year AGNer (1) Kiloposter (1) HoW access (1)
The development is in early stages so it's still a good time to suggest something or choose preferences for the project. The whole project may take some time and at first it'll be pretty primitive but later on more features will be added. The primary goal is to get it launched and be enough to encourage more members to join and consequently take part in AGN.

Primary features:

• Instant Messenger with a contact list and chat room.
  • Private IM contents stored locally only and encrypted over the network, except reported and offline messages and under preferences to save on server.
  • Collection of built-in games, mostly board type games, with scoreboards and achievements.

Additional features in plans:

• Live(ish) stats from the game servers, with some cross-service commands.
  • Draw/scribble/doodle feature that allows two or more members to draw on a shared whiteboard.
  • News feed with announcements, which'll be handy for when the server needs to be updated and rebooted quickly.
  • Status messages, offline messages, receive status and more to facilitate communication.
  • Leader-boards for games.
  • Avatars. (The option to set it to your forum avatar is do-able but will be implemented later)
  • And more!

Games: Currently a few basic games has been planned, such as checkers, tick-tac-toe and perhaps chess. New game ideas will be assessed based on feasibility and such before a poll is made to determine popularity.

Security and privacy: Login details when logging on (between the client and server) shall be well encrypted and I'll add brute-force protection measures too. If you'd like, I can get it to encrypt messages between users too but remember that they can't be hard to crack since each client will have the keys and the server will still have to relay the messages at least, although a basic encryption can be used to obscure plain text from network eavesdroppers. For your privacy (and to save space on the server) the server will just relay the messages in private convos and not store the contents (it'll just log the activity), however this'll mean I can't check abusive messages unless they've been reported. Reported messages, group chats, chat room messages and everything else will be stored on the server.

Additional notes: While .NET applications might be able to run on Android, I can't guarantee the games will work thus only the basic IM feature may be available for mobile. Remember primary support will be for Windows.

Is it a private matter? PM me!
AGN's Twitter: @AceGamersNetwrk

"Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:00 pm
Intermediate
Intermediate

Has Liked: 893 posts
Liked for: 765 posts
Medals: 3
First year AGNer (1) Kiloposter (1) HoW access (1)
There is a site for draw/scribble/doodle feature that allows two or more members to draw on a shared whiteboard. It's called Twiddla:
http://www.twiddla.com/
They also allow you to put Twiddla on your site. I don't know if it's free, but if yes, it could make your work easier :[:)] .

Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:36 pm
Head Admin
Head Admin

Referrer (1) AGN's MC player (1) AGN's TF2 player (1) First year AGNer (1) Kiloposter (1) HoW access (1)
No no no....the AGN IM and game application is a dot net application/software/executable, not a web-service. It will not work with web-browsers and making it so would only greatly lengthen the development and complicate testing. Also adding third-party web-content, while easy to do, is a major potential security risk.

I might not include the doodle feature after all, instead only add the very basics and one or two basic games at first, then add others on demand.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:59 pm
Head Admin
Head Admin

So far it's proving difficult if not impossible to make the interface platform friendly; that is to make it usable enough under touch or mouse control. Either an option to select touch-interface mode will be provided at the start or a separate version of the client will be released touch-screen ready. Regardless, it's very likely the mobile (cell phones) version will be separate too which will include things being more compact....

Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:38 pm
Head Admin
Head Admin

Updated list to reflect current plans more accurately.

Yes, being able to retrieve player statistics from the other game servers is totally feasible.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]