- Instant Messenger with a contact list and chat room.
- Private IM contents stored locally only and encrypted over the network, except reported and offline messages and under preferences to save on server.
- Collection of built-in games, mostly board type games, with scoreboards and achievements.
Additional features in plans:
- Live(ish) stats from the game servers, with some cross-service commands.
- Draw/scribble/doodle feature that allows two or more members to draw on a shared whiteboard.
- News feed with announcements, which'll be handy for when the server needs to be updated and rebooted quickly.
- Status messages, offline messages, receive status and more to facilitate communication.
- Leader-boards for games.
- Avatars. (The option to set it to your forum avatar is do-able but will be implemented later)
- And more!
Games: Currently a few basic games has been planned, such as checkers, tick-tac-toe and perhaps chess. New game ideas will be assessed based on feasibility and such before a poll is made to determine popularity.
Security and privacy: Login details when logging on (between the client and server) shall be well encrypted and I'll add brute-force protection measures too. If you'd like, I can get it to encrypt messages between users too but remember that they can't be hard to crack since each client will have the keys and the server will still have to relay the messages at least, although a basic encryption can be used to obscure plain text from network eavesdroppers. For your privacy (and to save space on the server) the server will just relay the messages in private convos and not store the contents (it'll just log the activity), however this'll mean I can't check abusive messages unless they've been reported. Reported messages, group chats, chat room messages and everything else will be stored on the server.
Additional notes: While .NET applications might be able to run on Android, I can't guarantee the games will work thus only the basic IM feature may be available for mobile. Remember primary support will be for Windows.