Server outage 25th April 2018

Where important news and announcements are made. Please pay attention to important news and global threads.
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin
Medals: 7
Referrer AGN's MC player AGN's TF2 player First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access
Chatterbox
Has Liked: 177 posts
Liked for: 1218 posts

Server outage 25th April 2018

Postby Doctor Azo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:12 pm

For exact reasons not yet known our server experienced a brief power cut around 6:22 AM EDT yesterday. The logs show that the main Ethernet connection was lost about 10 minutes prior, which was restored nearly 7 minutes later only for the logs to have ended abruptly a few minutes later and the system reboot after that for up to 1 minute and 14 seconds. This is not the first time this happened - a few years ago there was also a brief network disconnection followed by a power cut or restart. I'm considering transferring hosts as it's becoming clearer there's some unacceptable ineptness behind the scenes with our hosting provider.

Since our OS version will only be supported for another year, meaning security updates patched up to then, it may be in our best interest to transfer then. Our server will be at least 5 years old by then anyway and having ran almost 24/7 for over 5 years (and who knows how much it was used before I was leased it, although it couldn't have been more than a year as the CPU was released Q2 2013), it has served fairly well hardware-wise even for server-grade. It is likely we'll see significant upgrades too, mostly more space and memory.

Since AGN's growth has peaked and activity is running low, I won't be prioritising AGN's needs but rather other needs with the future in mind.
Community Rules | Newcomer FAQ | Our MC server FAQ | Our TF2 server FAQ
Need help with AGN? Check out the Tech forum.
Drop suggestions & complaints in the Suggestions forum, or PM me.
Our Twitter: @AceGamersNetwrk

Those who are a coder, just write code. A true programmer knows what, how and why.

Return to “News”