Things to look forward to after the main update:
- A new dark theme/style/skin/template, which is also more touch-screen friendly.
- Browser responsive elements, automatically adjusting for mobile users and navigating.
- A new portal extension, which is similar to this one but better in most ways. Also the home/root will no longer redirect and instead copy the portal index.
- Notifications, to alert you to particular (and optional) activity.
- Multiple Likes listed in posts will display more names in the way it should, as well as list date and times.
- Automatic time zone/DST setting (it may auto-set this after registering, otherwise it might only adjust DST depending on timezone setting).
- More BBCodes.
- And more!
There's also more to expect afterwards, including a point/currency system which can be used for various things including rewards in our game servers and AGNIM!
Start date: 20th July at 5:00 AM BST (12 AM EDT)
Estimated maintenance duration: 2+ hours.
Note: It's very likely to take a lot longer than 2 hours, during of which all website services will be unavailable. If it takes far too long and a major problem occurs, it'll be reverted from a back-up and the update postponed to another date. Even if all goes well, the forums may be abruptly disabled again while a fix is applied or such. Please keep in mind there could be undiscovered glitches, and there will be a few minor issues and some more graphical work required. The URL ending with /portal.php will no longer work.
Update: It's set for Thursday 20th. Please bare in mind work will begin before that although it should remain running until then.
Update #2: The update is mostly complete, however please be patient as things get polished.