What this means:
- aropolis.com no longer points to our MC server after 25th October 2016, nor should it re-direct web browsers to AGN or anything else of ours.
- mc.acegamersnetwork.com is used instead.
- References to "Aropolis" will gradually be edited out in our rules and info, as well as in-game.
- The town, in the Town World, will eventually be renamed to minimize confusion.
- Everything else will remain the same.
- You will not lose anything or have to do anything besides update your multiplayer list/favs to point to mc.acegamersnetwork.com
- In the unlikely event someone buys the domain and sets up a MC server or other service and uses it to defraud you, we will not be held responsible nor would we compensate.
What this does NOT mean:
- AGN is downsizing - on the contrary, I still plan to add to AGN to help it grow.
- Aropolis offers less or has less potential - unless we want a whole separate website complete with a domain name dedicated, no it wouldn't.
- Someone else can snap up the domain name and hold it hostage or use it to defraud us or hack AGN - No, any attempt to blackmail would be laughed at. Everyone will be alerted by e-mail soon that Aropolis's domain name is now mc.acegamersnetwork.com and the former is no longer under our control. As for hacking....it'll be impossible.
Remember to update your server favourites. In MC click Multiplayer, select "Aropolis" or whatever you called it, click Edit, change Server Address to "mc.acegamersnetwork.com" and it's recommended to edit the Server Name too (like "AGN" or "AGN's MC"), then click Done.
Aropolis's domain will be purged from the server and our NS by the 25th October.
In case you're wondering, the domain name points to the same IPA and the new A record (mc.acegamersnetwork.com) in fact does the same thing (and only thing) Aropolis.com does for MineCraft: maps the domain name to the IP Address. Plain and simple. The only difference is your computer pulls up all the records needed for acegamersnetwork.com, instead of everything under aropolis.com, and in this case uses what mc.acegamersnetwork.com points to.