AGN Skype group

Got a suggestion or complaint about AGN? Post it here. Use the sub-forums for game specific ones.

Would you like a Skype group for AGN?

Yes
70%
No
No votes
N/A
30%

Total votes: 10
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin
Medals: 6
Referrer AGN's MC player AGN's TF2 player First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access
Has Liked: 171 posts
Liked for: 1173 posts

AGN Skype group

Postby Doctor Azo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Once there're more than a few members, I'll try and set up a Skype group for AGN.
Community Rules | Newcomer FAQ | Our MC server FAQ | Our TF2 server FAQ
Need help with AGN? Check out the Tech forum.
Drop in suggestions or complaints in Suggestions forum.
Is it a private matter? PM me!
AGN's Twitter: @AceGamersNetwrk

"Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein
clairne
Intermediate
Intermediate
Medals: 3
First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access
Has Liked: 850 posts
Liked for: 733 posts

Re: AGN Skype group

Postby clairne » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Skype has groups :[shock] ? I didn'd know about it. How can I add myself to such group?
I vote yes. Anything that helps spread the word to the world about this site is good, in my opinion.
Shore
Rookie
Rookie
AGN's MC player First year AGNer HoW access
Liked for: 10 posts

Postby Shore » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:22 pm

Given the lack of any progress with the Mumble, I have no opinion on a Skype group as far as the poll is concerned. It seems like adding yet another thing that people won't use at the moment.
dykath
Jr. Community Manager
Jr. Community Manager
Medals: 7
Referrer AGN's MC player Nothing personal boss! AGN's TF2 player Kiloposter HoW access
Bug finder
Has Liked: 207 posts
Liked for: 646 posts

Postby dykath » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:50 am

i for one seeing as how agners are all over the world ( :SByay yeah you go :SBthumbsup ) and multiple time zones i don't see how it would work but i am all for it would be cool/awesome.

EDIT: skype group chats as far as i know is when contacts get in to a group chat easy to set up but you would first need to be friends on skype with some one in the group to add you to said group.
I am who I am I don't need nor want a label I simply am who I am and your approval is not needed nor wanted I am me and me is pretty awesome.
the state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind
If you never look up you will never see the sky, It may be raining but there is a rainbow above you
dykath
Jr. Community Manager
Jr. Community Manager
Referrer AGN's MC player Nothing personal boss! AGN's TF2 player Kiloposter HoW access
Bug finder

Postby dykath » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:49 am

Given the lack of any progress with the Mumble, I have no opinion on a Skype group as far as the poll is concerned. It seems like adding yet another thing that people won't use at the moment.

well seeing as how no one said no just n/a probably meaning that they dont have a skype i think it is a great idea.
I am who I am I don't need nor want a label I simply am who I am and your approval is not needed nor wanted I am me and me is pretty awesome.
If you never look up you will never see the sky, It may be raining but there is a rainbow above you
Cement
Very regular
Very regular
Medals: 1
HoW access
Has Liked: 2 posts
Liked for: 175 posts

Postby Cement » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:44 am

I only use Skype on mobile, so not sure about it.

Anyway, I have a TS3 server and there's room for an AGN space there if this Voip thing ever catches on. Just to offer another alternative to mumble.
Games are a waste of time, but they're a fun waste of time.
clairne
Intermediate
Intermediate
First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access
Has Liked: 850 posts
Liked for: 733 posts

Postby clairne » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:33 pm

Well, years passed and I changed my mind. Now my vote goes to N/A. I don't use Skype any more. Based on my experience from Mumble, which nowadays is not used, I think that an AGN Skype group will be unused as well :[:\] . We also have Steam group and it's unused too. As for me, I don't mind it. I visit this site and that's enough for me :[:)] . But if you want to be a part of a Skype group, I don't mind it neither :[:)]
MistySpring
Super regular
Super regular
HoW access
Has Liked: 1035 posts
Liked for: 276 posts

Postby MistySpring » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:06 am

Perhaps there wouldn't be a lot of people using it often (if at all)...I don't know. But I'm thinking why not? If it isn't complicated or difficult to set up and since it is free it could be great to have for anyone who wants to connect directly (and well that have Skype). I use it, think it would be good to have the option. It is easy to just log in, see if anyone is around for possible gaming.
If it ends up that no one has any use of it well then can just take it down and/or find another alternative?
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin
Referrer AGN's MC player AGN's TF2 player First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access

Postby Doctor Azo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:24 am

The Skype group might be even less useful after AGNIM, which will have a group chat feature as well. Still if we had much more members it there'd still be a demand for it....

PandorasFox
Rookie
Rookie
HoW access
Has Liked: 5 posts
Liked for: 12 posts

Postby PandorasFox » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:13 am

This might be nice to get into again. You really should go for the IM thing though, I miss playing with people on simple games with IMs.
~ So I find it hard to love, but I find it hard to hate too. ~
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin

Postby Doctor Azo » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:22 am

I'm thinking about making a Skype group that allows not-yet-AGN members too. This will allow members to independently co-ordinate with others and arrange sessions/matches as well. This should help encourage others in time to join too. As more members come in, they may encourages others to join as well. Another thing is being more connected this way enables finding new friends or gaming buddies, helping them bond too with or without AGN. Some like me is still digging around trying to find a decent friend that has more in common....and friends are more likely to join friends in new communities.

Ace Gamers Network is also about the networking. While most benefits go to those who're active members here, we want to reach out to a wider range of audience which'll also help stimulate our membership here. AGN is small and probably will always be rather small so why not help bridge people outside the community? We're not a commercial project where members = revenue, we're an asexual/aromantic-friendly social community project for the purpose of facilitating gaming friends and, hopefully, full-fledged friends.

For AGNIM, it'll still be exclusive to our registered members.

dykath
Jr. Community Manager
Jr. Community Manager
Bug finder

Postby dykath » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:01 am

well a skype group is not hard to set up i could set it up in less than five minutes but would need all the skype names of those who would like to join. and from there you could invite anyone in your skype list i think that's how it works anyway not sure if there is like a chat group moderator function or not. really have not messed with groups on skype much and its not like its hard to maintain so you could just make one and see how it goes. i mean what's the harm in trying right.
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin

Postby Doctor Azo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:29 am

An official Skype group must be moderated or owned by a staff member.

dykath
Jr. Community Manager
Jr. Community Manager
Bug finder

Postby dykath » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:18 am

dont think you can "own" a chat on skype but im sure you can have some type of mod settings.
will look more in to that i gess and see what up with that later today.
Cement
Very regular
Very regular
HoW access
Has Liked: 2 posts
Liked for: 175 posts

Postby Cement » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:05 am

https://discordapp.com

Alternative to Skype etc.
Games are a waste of time, but they're a fun waste of time.

Return to “Suggestions and Complaints”