Discussion: Community Manager

Got a suggestion or complaint about AGN? Post it here. Use the sub-forums for game specific ones.
Murielle
Regular
Regular
Medals: 3
Referrer First year AGNer HoW access
Has Liked: 362 posts
Liked for: 61 posts

Re: Discussion: Community Manager

Postby Murielle » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Doctor Azo wrote:
Murielle wrote:
clairne wrote:Hopefully, there will be more community managers than just one :[:)] .

Doctor Azo wrote: In the event that such a race still results a stalemate... elects both equally matched victors.

What about this? Why not start with two?

I don't plan to run, so are Clairne and HowlOwl the only ones that have expressed an interest so far?
Around when will the election(s) begin (I'd assume after we all hear from the other members)?

I didn't say that. Please do not misquote.

If a stalemate occurs, another poll will start with the ones with the highest votes. If the latest results result in all options having equal votes then the administration decides who wins. That gives everyone another chance to pick which of the winners wins.

We need more members and more input before I even think about starting the election.

I didn't think it was misquoting, I thought that was the equivalent of bold formatting, the "..." shows that there were more words between. Many of the textbooks I was raised with do that. I was putting emphasis on the possibility of there being more than one elected, and that was one place on this thread that mentioned it.
clairne
Intermediate
Intermediate
First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access
Has Liked: 850 posts
Liked for: 733 posts

Postby clairne » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:01 pm

It seems I won't candidate because of some events in my life(one of them is school) that are becoming more time consuming. I think it will be better if someone else with more time will be a Community Manager.
HowlOwl
Super regular
Super regular
Referrer First year AGNer HoW access
Has Liked: 327 posts
Liked for: 378 posts

Postby HowlOwl » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:59 pm

clairne wrote:It seems I won't candidate because of some events in my life(one of them is school) that are becoming more time consuming. I think it will be better if someone else with more time will be a Community Manager.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that :(

You do know that Doctor Azo said they wouldn't be setting up these elections until we have more members - in case you'll be less busy by the time these elections take place. Not sure who I'd vote for otherwise... certainly not a n00b! (Sorry to any future members reading this; you have my apology vote.)
High quality crypts and mausoleums. Available for you at affordable prices!
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin
Medals: 6
Referrer AGN's MC player AGN's TF2 player First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access
Has Liked: 171 posts
Liked for: 1173 posts

Postby Doctor Azo » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:15 pm

I've locked and unstickied this topic for the upcoming CM announcement. Stay tuned!
Community Rules | Newcomer FAQ | Our MC server FAQ | Our TF2 server FAQ
Need help with AGN? Check out the Tech forum.
Drop in suggestions or complaints in Suggestions forum.
Is it a private matter? PM me!
AGN's Twitter: @AceGamersNetwrk

"Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin
Referrer AGN's MC player AGN's TF2 player First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access

Postby Doctor Azo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:03 am

Unlocked and moved again for continued discussion.

The first elections ended with no one running. For this reason (and it being new), I've ended it indefinitely until we at least gather a lot more members and allow existing ones to contribute more.

Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin

Postby Doctor Azo » Tue May 31, 2016 9:40 am

*Resurrects*

Arise, arise!

I'm thinking of resuming the CM elections. Any input on this?

Starry Sky
Intermediate
Intermediate
Referrer AGN's TF2 player Kiloposter
Has Liked: 765 posts
Liked for: 391 posts

Postby Starry Sky » Tue May 31, 2016 5:51 pm

Ooo very interesting! Are we continuing from where this left off or starting anew? I'd love to know the status of those who were considering running previously.
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin

Postby Doctor Azo » Tue May 31, 2016 6:27 pm

The last one had no one run so it closed indefinitely.

Starry Sky
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Starry Sky » Tue May 31, 2016 8:03 pm

Ah, ok. I’m hesitant to get myself involved in things when I’m unsure of everything it entails. Apart from that, I might be interested. I just lack confidence in myself to have a sure answer at the moment ._. I will give it lots of thought, though.

I check out on the friendly, tolerant, empathetic, and patient qualities, or so I believe :[:D] . I’m certainly not extroverted but I do feel I’m enthusiastic about interacting with the community here on AGN. I try to check in here every day and often do so multiple times a day. For good people skills, I guess it depends on how you look at it. I’m not very great at socializing but that’s based off of social interaction in real life which social anxiety inhibits greatly. On the internet, I feel I’m much more me just without a lot of the stress and awkwardness shining through. I do think I’m pretty good at knowing how to interact with people and build positive relationships. On being knowledgeable about AGN… I’m not very sure about this one considering I’m quite new here.

For the bonus requirements, I do have experience with social media but I don’t really use it that much anymore. It’s one of the many things I’ve lost interest in these past few years. I mostly just use it to keep in touch with my family now. I have no community/game moderating experience and have never organized any kind of event before.

To ensure I understand this correctly, the simplest explanation of Community Managers would be people who help keep the community engaged?
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin

Postby Doctor Azo » Tue May 31, 2016 11:47 pm

The CM's engage with the community, from frequent talking to arranging events or competitions. Sometimes they can schedule events or such in games other times they just stir the social media community. Sometimes they entertain, sometimes they inform. They also should gather what the member-base wants (or new members) and have more weight in admin decisions for improvements.

dykath
Jr. Community Manager
Jr. Community Manager
Medals: 7
Referrer AGN's MC player Nothing personal boss! AGN's TF2 player Kiloposter HoW access
Bug finder
Has Liked: 207 posts
Liked for: 646 posts

Postby dykath » Tue May 31, 2016 11:59 pm

Starry Sky wrote:I check out on the friendly, tolerant, empathetic, and patient qualities, or so I believe . I’m certainly not extroverted but I do feel I’m enthusiastic about interacting with the community here on AGN. I try to check in here every day and often do so multiple times a day.

could not have said it better myself to be honest all true for me as well. and seeing as how i am getting out of high school i may or may not have time to do anything for i dont know what i am doing after words but i am open to the prospect of helping out around the site and off site. and with really anything that i can help with i have been told that i am good with helping and dont mind helping out either. :SBthumbsup
I am who I am I don't need nor want a label I simply am who I am and your approval is not needed nor wanted I am me and me is pretty awesome.
the state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind
If you never look up you will never see the sky, It may be raining but there is a rainbow above you
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin

Postby Doctor Azo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:57 am

Another expectation of a CM is to enforce the rules of thread/post games, advising restarts or reminders where necessary.

MistySpring
Super regular
Super regular
Medals: 1
HoW access
Has Liked: 1035 posts
Liked for: 276 posts

Postby MistySpring » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:43 am

It sounds like a great idea to me! :[:)] And both Starry Sky and dykath seem to be great for the position. Both of you already do a lot to boost the activity here I think. :SBthumbsup :cake
I wish I could help out but I personally wouldn't be able to be Community Manager since some of those responsibilities isn't something that fits as well as that I don't have energy to do things I want to do already (I'm currently in process in getting to the bottom with illness and getting on right treatment) and I wouldn't be able to do the position justice.
Starry Sky
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Starry Sky » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:18 pm

I've decided that I'll run! :SBhat I can't keep backing out of things because I don't believe in myself. I do think being a CM is something I'm able to do. : )

Sorry to hear that, Misty. I hope things go well for you!!
dykath
Jr. Community Manager
Jr. Community Manager
Medals: 7
Referrer AGN's MC player Nothing personal boss! AGN's TF2 player Kiloposter HoW access
Bug finder
Has Liked: 207 posts
Liked for: 646 posts

Postby dykath » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:59 pm

Starry Sky wrote:I've decided that I'll run! I can't keep backing out of things because I don't believe in myself.

this makes me think of a quote from a game i once played. "nothing ventured nothing gained"
if you never try anything new you never will know what could have happened. go for it stary!!give it your all and never look back and if you don't succeed at first remember that

f.a.i.l. means first attempt in learning. and now you can say that you did it as well and who know you might even have fun doing it :SBthumbsup
@mistyspring thank you will try my best
I am who I am I don't need nor want a label I simply am who I am and your approval is not needed nor wanted I am me and me is pretty awesome.
the state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind
If you never look up you will never see the sky, It may be raining but there is a rainbow above you
kelico
Super poster
Super poster
Medals: 5
Referrer First year AGNer Kiloposter HoW access AGN Artist
Has Liked: 1258 posts
Liked for: 826 posts

Postby kelico » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:58 pm

Yay, Starry!!! :SByay That's so great!! I think you'll do great. : )) Same with dykath!!

I'm still hoping that I can become a mod here soon. <3 I've just been too busy and stressed to add more to my plate at the moment. But I'm still willing!! :SBbow Is CM different from being a Mod?
Elbows. I gots 'em.
Doctor Azo
Head Admin
Head Admin

Postby Doctor Azo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:16 am

CM's have less powers than Global Moderators, but are expected to deal with the community more. This means they have to be friendlier, and should be less formal but still mature and civilised.

Return to “Suggestions and Complaints”